BPA


BPA: An Un-Equal Opportunity Destroyer

Informational article written by WEHN's Summer 2015 intern Stephanie Gross. Read for information on the health effects of BPA, where the chemical can be found, and how to avoid it. Click HERE


Source: Select Harvest

Source: Select Harvest

Campbell to Remove BPA Chemical From Its Cans by Mid-2017

Campbells will have approximately 75% of their cans BPA free by the end of the year and will get the remaining 25% shortly after.  Click here for the full article.




Source: Scientific American

Source: Scientific American

Just How Harmful are Bisphenol A Plastics? 

Understand what BPA is, what it does to the body, and how to avoid it in this Scientific American article. 


Source: The AP

Source: The AP

California: Chemical warning may scare poor from canned food

Unfortunately, those living in poverty are often the most affected by chemical exposures. BPA is in the lining of most canned products, and even their replacements are dangerous. Should we be warning people to steer clear of them when they're an inexpensive food source? Read more here.